Thursday, September 6, 2012

Another Bump.. Already?

As I was packing and cleaning to get ready to move on Saturday, I heard my phone ringing. When I looked at the screen and saw the familiar number, my stomach immediately turned into knots. It was the doctor's office. Tuesday was my prenatal appointment, and I had gotten a CBC to check my platelets while I was there. My doctor had told me to check the results the next day, but I did not think it was necessary because my platelets had been up to 204,000 a week and a half ago. The doctor had been so impressed by my count that he did not want to see me for another seven months. So, when the nurse told me the reason she was calling, my heart stopped. My levels were down to 54,000... 150,000 less than they were a week and a half ago. She told me to call my hematologist right away because I was going to have to get a different treatment.

All I could think while she was telling me this was I was being punished for something. I kept asking, what could I have done to deserve this Lord?! Just a few days ago I posted about being sure to be thankful and counting all of your blessings. How can I follow my own post when I feel like I am being punished? After not being able to sleep last night, I did a lot of thinking. The Lord is not punishing me.. He is merely testing me. It is another bump in the road that is meant to strengthen us. Mark and I are strong, and all of these things are going to make us stronger. We got a newsletter in the mail from friends back home who have a ministry called SHOP (Student House of Prayer) and on the back of it was a note. They told us how great our faith has been and that these things have made us more mature and Christ-like. It was a reminder that the Lord has trusted us with this little girl for a reason. All of the things that He has placed in our lives has been for a reason, and in the end, we will be stronger as a result of this. Hopefully our journey will be a witness to others and He will use us for His glory.

I am currently waiting on a phone call for an appointment with my hematologist, so we still do not know the course of treatment I will need to go on. In the meantime, we are asking for prayers. Please pray for continued strength and that this health issue of mine will not have an impact on Adalyn. Thank you again for your prayers and support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment